Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The first.

Ben and I have a knack for getting in and out of interesting situations, usually filled with tons of hilarious moments....
I remember Ben once told me that I should write all of our adventures down, because they are usually "Once in a lifetime" sort of things.
Hence the reason for this blog.
So, I guess the best place to start would be, how I met Ben.
September 12th, 2002
I was in Twin Falls for my friends, The Standards "Brand New Past" release concert. They had 2 of them, September 11th, and September 12th.
So, my friend Leslie, and some friends of hers were supposed to meet me in Twin, one of them was her friend Ben.
I got a call from Leslie saying they were running late, and so I went to meet them outside. When Leslie pulled up I saw this overly energetic fellow fly out of the car. He was wearing Leslie's promotional shirt, so, the first time I saw him he was wearing a women's navy blue polo shirt with "Leslie, Promotional Team" stitched on the front.
He came up to introduce himself, and it went something like this:
"Hi, my name is Ben, don't get confused because my name is actually Ben, and my shirt says my name is Leslie. I got off work really late and I didn't want to go to the concert smelling all bad and stinking, but I forgot to grab an extra shirt, before Leslie came to get me, so since I didn't have time to go home and change, I just looked in her car, and this was the only shirt, so I'm now wearing her shirt, which is weird because it's a girl's shirt, but it actually doesn't look too girly, so I figured it was okay, but yeah, my name is Ben, not to be confused with Leslie since that is what is says my name is."
I just stood there silent....and then finally said, "Hi, I'm Ginny"
And I thought my first impressions were bad!
(Actually, I thought the whole thing was hilarious)
And this would be the first moment with Ben.
The next wasn't until years later, because he left on his mission to Jamaica,
but the next one was equally entertaining.

No comments:

Ben and Ginny's Playlist